To our wonderful patients and families we have missed you and your families! We hope that you and your family are all in good health and doing well! We are in the process of reopening the office and are excited to welcome you all back! We will be contacting you to schedule/reschedule all appointments. While you may notice some changes in our office, one thing has remained the same, our commitment to your safety.
You will be sent a supplemental health questionnaire for the day of your appointment and we will also be asking you to confirm your responses to these questions upon arrival to reduce any chances of any transmission of a communicable disease to our office. If you answer yes to any of these questions, you will be required to reschedule your orthodontic appointment to a later date.
THIS LINK NEEDS TO BE FILLED OUT ON THE DAY OF YOUR APPOINTMENT , PRIOR TO YOUR ARRIVAL.
Additional changes to procedures in our office are as follows:
· When you arrive for your appointment, please remain in your car and call our office at 518-477-2727. At that time, we will either advise the patient to come to the building or we will take down your name and phone number and when a chair is available we will call to have the patient enter. We are asking that all non-patients remain in the car to help maintain social distancing.
· Temperatures will be taken upon arrival. If you have a temperature above 100.4 F degrees you will be required to reschedule your orthodontic appointment to a later date. There will be no exceptions.
· Masks are required upon entering the building and must remain in place until you are treated and then replaced.
· We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
· You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, coffee station, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
· Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
· We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you.
· Please have patients brush before your scheduled appointments, as the use of restrooms are for emergencies only.
· For our younger patients, when the appointment is complete we will call the parent/guardian to advise you of the procedures completed, schedule the next appointment and request you to meet your child at the front door.
· If you are looking to make a payment, you may do so over the phone by credit card or send the patient in with a check and if a receipt is needed we will print one while the patient is being treated.
· Please maintain social distancing at all times while in our office.
Please know that infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
Please be aware that for a short time we will need to adhere to these new policies. We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you and every patient safe in our practice. Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Dr. Puccio, Eileen, Danielle, Deb, Jaime, Nicole and Remington