Gary T. Puccio, DDS
“It’s always a pleasure to meet new patients and welcome existing and past patients. As your orthodontist for 31 years now, I feel a special pride serving our local communities. Recently, we’ve begun to see more ‘second generation’ patients, and they are especially endearing to myself and the staff. Orthodontics is my passion and I bring this to my practice every day. I want all of my patients to come away with a beautiful smile and a fond memory of their orthodontic experience!”
Dr. Gary Thomas Puccio is a native of Schodack, New York. His interest to pursue orthodontics was sparked by his own orthodontic treatment as an adolescent. He graduated from Maple Hill High School and furthered his education at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI), majoring in Biology and minoring in Materials Engineering. Even today as an orthodontist, Dr. Puccio uses his engineering background to create beautiful and lasting smiles. Pursuing his dental education at Georgetown University’s School of Dentistry, Dr. Puccio received his degree of Doctor of Dental Surgery with honors, graduating Summa Cum Laude. To specialize in orthodontics, he completed a two year orthodontic residency at Tufts University School of Dental Medicine in Boston. In February of 1999, Dr. Puccio became certified by the American Board of Orthodontics. Also in 1999, he became an Invisalign Certified Provider, and achieved the Invisalign Elite Preferred Provider level in 2016. He is in private practice, specializing in orthodontics and dentofacial orthopedics.
In October of 1987, Dr. Puccio opened his orthodontic office in Schodack, but was unable to see patients on the very first day due to the snowstorm that caused widespread power failures. Even with this unforgettable start, his practice and reputation grew, and in May of 1998 he moved the practice to its current larger location on Schuurman Road.
Dr. Puccio is committed to providing all patients with excellent, personalized care and a positive experience that will last far beyond the treatment phase of their orthodontic care.
He is happily married and has one wonderful son. His favorite activities include scuba diving, dirt bike riding, snow skiing, traveling and spending time with his family.
Make an appointment with Dr. Puccio today … he’ll give you a reason to smile!
– American Board of Orthodontists – Board Certified Orthodontist
– Tufts University – Post Graduate Certification in Orthodontics
– Georgetown University School of Dentistry – Summa Cum Laude
– Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute – B.S. Biology/Materials Engineering
– Invisalign Certified Orthodontist
– LASER Certification
– AAO – American Association of Orthodontists
– NESO – Northeast Society of Orthodontists
– NYSSO – New York State Society of Orthodontists
– CDABO – College of Diplomates of the American Board of Orthodontics
– ADA – American Dental Association
– NYSDA – New York State Dental Association
- American College of Dentists Fellowship